Cheri Pollack

Cheri Pollack
Happy is.........

My Story

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Who am I? A question that I've been asking myself for 47 years. There are some things that I do know for sure. I am woman who loves deeply, cares like crazy, feels everything in my core. I am wildly creative, love to laugh, smile and I take great joy in knowing that I have worked hard at being the best wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and teacher that I can be. I am open to possibilities, passionate about causes and people. I have trouble with transitions and hate to disappoint anyone....EVER! I know that I need to get stronger on the inside so that I can more gracefully and flow with the changes and opportunities that come my way. I invite you to join me on my journey to my core and beyond. Let's grow together!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's been along time...

It's just like me to ebb and flow with enthusiasm.....I'm starting to flow again in case anyone has tuned in. If you are reading this, thank you for your patience.
Brief update... our ski trip was wonderful. I started out coughing and ending up breathing deeply. I love those family vacations, lots of bonding and the stuff dreams are made of. We become a team, partners, friends and the brotherhood seems so real on vacation! I love to observe, that's because I'm the mamma bear and always will be.
January has been a bloooor. I turned my dining room into a quasi studio, that felt good. It's too cold to enjoy the garage this time of year. No heater can make up for 10 degrees! I haven't done much art, working on an event for the Wellness Community, playing hooky with Rob on Tuesdays, trying to breath more deeply and experience new ways to release whatever needs to be released. Speaking of which, it's official........
Jacob was accepted to Indiana University! He's excited and now I feel so happy for him and a pit in my stomach for me. Today he became the star at his tennis clinic, got officially accepted to IU, making all A's right now and asked if he can spend spring break with his friend.....not his mama. UUH, it hurts, but it sure is growth. He said, now I can get over my fear of roller coasters.....last roller coaster ride he spent visualizing he was in the Bahamas. This time he might choose to be present. It's all about choice, a big topic these days. I make lots of choices daily, luckily because I can. I need to be better about not second guessing my choices and putting more thought into them than is necessary or helpful. Yatta, Yatta, always room for growth.
I've been doing so good about Jacob actually going to college. Tonight it felt different, more real, more lonely for his mama. As he grows, I will too.....like anything else, it will take practice....good days and bad but it's good, very good.
Thanks for listening!

No comments: